Dunn-Edwards recently expanded its collection of whites in the Perfect Palette® color system with a new collection of 10 higher-hiding whites, offering design professionals and consumers even more choices.
The new, trend-forward collection builds off the current Perfect Palette color system and provides a range of cool, neutral and warm whites that are ideal for a variety of traditional, as well as modern design projects. Extensive research was conducted on trends in this versatile hue and field requests were tracked to provide additional touch points on adding to the collection of current whites.
While the whites collection of Perfect Palette was a great start, consumer tastes constantly evolve; therefore, these 10 new whites reflect the changing landscape of the use of whites. By offering more neutral and cool variations on this hue — to complement our 2020 trend stories and Color of the Year, Minty Fresh (DE5687) — designers can enjoy an even wider range of options.
Truth is, white is never just white — as so many variations of this shade provide countless way to change the appearance of a room. With its vast versality, whites provide both starring and supporting roles in design. From the warmer white of Almond Milk (DEHW01) to the cooler white of Icy White (DEHW10), the collection offers an array of inspiration to your design projects.
Whites are typically lower-hiding and require multiple coats for coverage. Of the new collection of whites, our Classic White (DEHW08) is cleaner, whiter and has better hide than other current whites in market. If you
are looking for a crisp, vibrant white, we recommend moving to Classic White (DEHW08) as an alternative, with the benefit of improved hide.
The Color Palette
- Almond Milk (DEHW01): a soft warm and fresh white that creates an inviting space
- White Daisy (DEHW02): a brighter, crisp white with a touch of warmth that plays well with other colors, yet can stand on its own
- Coconut Grove (DEHW03): a neutral, bright white that is clear and clean and a perfect pairing for pastels
- Swiss Meringue (DEHW04): a neutral, soft white that balances warmth and coolness
- At First Light (DEHW05): a neutral white with depth that is perfect for modern and traditional projects
- North to Alaska (DEHW06): a neutral, cooler white that is crisp and clean
- Sugar Swizzle (DEHW07): a neutral, cooler white with depth to avoid a sterile look
- Classic White (DEHW08): a cool white that is illuminating and pure
- Be Cool (DEHW09): a cool white that is brilliant and sparkling with energy, great for trim work and modern spaces
- Icy White (DEHW10): a cool white that’s snowy and bright
The collection is currently available in color card format and will be available mid-2020 as part of our Perfect Palette color system, integrated seamlessly into our fan decks, as well as our professional design tools — including the color albums and color libraries. To order your color card, visit us here. To view collection, click here.